Serendipity - a PHP Weblog/Blog software
Serendipity is a PHP-powered weblog application which gives the user an easy way to maintain an online diary, weblog or even a complete homepage. While the default package is designed for the casual blogger, Serendipity offers a flexible, expandable and easy-to-use framework with the power for professional applications.
Casual users appreciate the way Serendipity's sophisticated plugin architecture allows you to easily modify both the appearance of your blog and its features. You can install more than120 plugins with just one click, instantly enhancing your blog's functionality. No need to edit code!
Likewise, one click installs any of more than 80 official templates, so your blog looks the way you like it. And Serendipity's SPARTACUS plugin automatically checks the central repository for upgrades and new functionality whenever you check the list.
Advanced users value Serendipity's Smarty templates for combining simplicity with well-documented web standards. It makes minor modifications trivial, but provides the power to unleash your creativity and completely customize your site! Serendipity's outstanding support gives you the confidence to be adventurous, too.
Programmers and other technical users commend Serendipity for its fast, stable, clean PHP code. While beginners can learn from Serendipity, advanced programmers can easily make complex modifications. Serendipity is programmed in PHP, long recognized for its ideal blend of power, simplicity, and speed. Serendipity's BSD licensing ensures that programmers around the world can learn from it and improve it.
Users of other blogging/CMS applications are already switching to Serendipity, thanks to its easy customization and outstanding support. Corporate users are taking advantage of Serendipity's unparalleled flexibility to set up fast, simple CMS sites.
Serendipity's basic features include something for everybody, from the personal blogger to the professional corporate web designer:
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Cool plugins: category-based sub-blogs, podcasting, RSS planet/aggregator, static pages
- Robust spam blocking
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty, remote blogging via XML-RPC
- BSD-style licensing
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Native import from earlier blog applications (WordPress, Textpattern, Moveable Type, bblog, ...)
Of course, Serendipity has far too many other features to list!
Please take a tour through this webpage and additional resources on the top of this page to browse the Serendipity World.
New from the makers of s9y: We made a workout app for the iPhone which is in private beta. s9y users are guaranteed to get an invite. See the link for more.
Recent changes on this webpage:
- 25 Jul 14, 10:39 Downloads [Diff]
- 23 Apr 14, 10:20 Bugs [Diff]
- 23 Apr 14, 10:19 Contact Information [Diff]
- 18 Nov 13, 11:56 Serendipity Weblog System [Diff]
- 25 Apr 13, 11:23 FAQ [Diff]
- 25 Apr 13, 11:21 FAQ [Diff]
- 08 Jan 13, 11:16 Hosting providers [Diff]
- 23 Dec 11, 13:28 Best Practice / Coding Style [Diff]
- 14 Nov 11, 12:23 Moving Serendipity to a New Di... [Diff]
- 24 Oct 11, 18:45 Upgrading Serendipity [Diff]
- 14 Sep 11, 17:15 Jannis Hermanns [Diff]
- 18 May 11, 17:14 Special Smarty Templating/Plug... [Diff]
- 21 Aug 10, 22:56 Introduction [Diff]
- 08 Jun 10, 16:47 Fresh Installation [Diff]
- 27 May 10, 05:02 Admin Interface [Diff]