Recover the document ...
This list is maintained by the developers. Serendipity users should use the Sourceforge Trackers? to report bugs and/or feature requests.
(! = High Priority, * = Medium Priority, - = Low Priority, C = Fixed in CVS)
CODE CLEANUP / BUGS
!(0.8) Add template dependencies (tomsommer)
- Inline editing of smarty templates, would need write permissions on template directory, might be bad and hard for the avarage user -- but many wants it?
!(0.8) CRITICAL: Remove templates that are only engines, from the template listing
!(0.8) Retink the highlighting of even vs. uneven rows in CSS. Might have to set a CSS class for each <td> tag (tomsommer)
!(0.8) Remove border around checkboxes in IE (tomsommer)
!(0.8) Upgrade Smarty, to 2.6.7
!(0.8) Run translation cleanup scripts (tomsommer)
* Consider using gettext for translations, or at least a gettext-like method.
- Make configuration tab-based?
- Convert some of the internal plugins into external plugins
C Rewrite "Manage Categories" and in the process split the "Manage Categories" and "Manage directories" pages into smaller pages ("Add/Edit category/directory")
C Bump copyright notices to 2005
C Redesign menu in administration
C Make admin CSS style to use $templatePath and so on, allow using a 'backend_css' event hook
C Make the admin look good in Internet Explorer
C Make pretty RSS feeds for comments and categories
C Fix new installer to emit notices about chmod() calls
C Split up the configuration page and the installer
C Convert config .tpl files into standard associative PHP arrays, to avoid parsing the bastards - don't put it in $serendipity - make the require() return the array.
C Merge Author and Admin suites into one, and seperate their look from the rest of the blog by letting it use its own stylesheet
C Rewrite import tool to work like a guide, with pages. Modulize it to better support the unique software you are importing from, Blogger, Wordpress, Movable Type etc.
C Split up serendipity_functions.inc.php into logical files
!(0.8) Bundle kubrick theme!!!
! Figure out how to preserve PNG and GIF transparency when resizing images with GDlib (FIX: PNG transparency works)
! Write testcases for trackbacks, comments etc. using a test framework.
! Features from http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=75065&atid=542825.
* Figure out a way to import plugins and themes directly from an URL - it would need to be secure, corruption safe and prevent malicious files from being imported. A Serendipity Theme and Plugin Repository. This would allow us to move many of the less used bundled plugins and themes to our website and out of our distribution. (Project name: SPARTACUS?) (First 'draft state' ideas used in serendipity_event_spartacus plugin)
- Activate spellcheck (functionality of HTMLArea, uses server-side language files) and in non-WYSIWYG with pspell extension
- Find a good way to make Upgrade facility only available to admins
- Versioning for entries
- Allow users to create static/separate pages (pages like "About", "Contact") etc. [functionality of serendipity_event_staticpage - maybe needs better integration/accessibility? or be merged into the core?]
C We should add config options "Disable all trackbacks" and "Disable comments via XML WFW API [for posting comments via RSS Readers]" to the spamblock plugin.
C Add a 'authors view' page: blog/index.php?authors/1-TomSommer and so on
C The installer should emit a warning when a database already exists, before inserting the default plugins again and causing them to show up twice. (FIXED: Installer will never overwrite an existing installation)
C Fix/Improve Page pregenaration // Caching
C Make number of displayed posts user-configurable, make frontpage category user-configurable.
C Add Timezone support. Adjust every call to time(), date(), strftime() to be able to be called with an offset specifier.
C Add an entryproperty plugin option to limit viewing articles for "anonymous" users, "registered authors" and "superusers".
C Sticky posts
C Improve archive frequency and pretty URLs with better time/calendar ranges
* boastMachine (bMachine)
* b2 (evolution)
C Wordpress, MoveableType, Nucleus
- Allow for blogging from GNOME Blog (http://www.gnome.org/~seth/gnome-blog/) and gaim-blogger (http://gaim-blogger.sourceforge.net/).
C Allow for blogging in Mozilla/Firebird sidebars (JustBlogIt)
* Printer friendly version of a page
* Spice up default theme
! Document all available CSS classes/ids
* Document plugin architecture / API
- Citation extractor plugin