The Administrative Interface allows you to fine tune the features and settings of your site. The exact menu options available will vary depending on which plugins are installed. Users will only see those items for which they have sufficient access rights.
Frontpage: Administrative Suite front page.
Personal Settings: Your personal user settings, such as user name, password, email address, etc.
- New Entry: Create a new entry. See Posting a Blog Entry.
- Edit Entries: Edit an existing entry.
- Comments: Maintain comments posted to entries. See Approve Comments.
- Categories: Maintain entry categories. See Manage Categories.
- Add media: Add media items (images, documents, PDFs, MP3, etc) to the media library.
- Media library: Manage items already stored in the media library.
- Manage directories: Media items can be stored in individual directores/folders. This is especially useful when your media library contains many items.
- Rebuild Thumbs: Rebuild thumbnail images of all media items. This can be very useful if you change thumbnail dimensions in the site's configuration or if images become accidentally corrupted.
- Manage Styles: Select and configure your site's theme/template. See Manage Styles.
- Configure Plugins: Manage sidebar and event plugins. See Using Plugins.
- Configuration: Global configuration. See configuration.
- Manage users: Manage individual users. See User management.
- Manage groups: Manage user groups. Also see User management.
- Import data: Import data from another blog/cms system. See Import/Export Entries.
- Export entries: Export data from Serendipity. See Import/Export Entries.
- Verify Installation Integrity: Check serendipity core distribution files for any potential tampering or modifications.
Back to Weblog: Return to the front page of your site.
Logout: Log out of the Serendipity Administration Suite.
- Serendipity Homepage: Link to the Serendipity home page.
- Serendipity Documentation: Link to Serendipity's documentation (you are here!).
- Official Blog: Link to Serendipity's official blog.
- Forums: Link to Serendipity user forums.
- Spartacus: Link to Serendipity's plugin and template repository.
- Bookmarklet: Convenient bookmark link to your Serendipity site.