Request: some image processing

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
elwood_j_blues
Regular

Request: some image processing

Post by elwood_j_blues »

in fact, I'd really like to see the possibility to mirror an image.

So you could download it from a remote location (<-- extremely good feature, anyway! Thanks for that :) ), have it mirrored and put in the media gallery automagically.

If I want to have the picture on the opposite side of the text, currently I need to download it, mirror it manually and then upload it again...

I think it could just be a checkbox in de "new image" dialog. (Kind of "image postprocessing" facility)

What do you think about it?

Thx a lot
Fred
No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item - after you bought it, it will be on sale somewhere cheaper ;)
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

nice idea! also image cropping would be cool.

let's implement!
elwood_j_blues
Regular

Post by elwood_j_blues »

thanks ;)

Image cropping can probably just be done through some kind of java script - or java applet?

Then it would probably be better to allow to "change" an image that's already in the gallery. One could then save it *over* the old one or as a new image.

Otherwise image quality will constantly suffer if mirroring, cropping, whatever is all done as seperate steps, won't it?
No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item - after you bought it, it will be on sale somewhere cheaper ;)