Strange errors and admin not working

Having trouble installing serendipity?
SurfDude
Regular

Strange errors and admin not working

Post by SurfDude »

Something strange happened to my database, and therefor I reinstalled mySQL. Now I get some very strange errors at the top of my site:
"Warning: open(/tmp\sess_099f7a21f7dd0f021edc04a617e11780, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php:10) in c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php on line 13"

And when I try to go to the admin mode (where you can post entries and edit settings and so) I get this:

"Warning: open(/tmp\sess_099f7a21f7dd0f021edc04a617e11780, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php:10) in c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php on line 13

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php:10) in c:\phpdev\www\weblog\index.php on line 171

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_099f7a21f7dd0f021edc04a617e11780, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
"

Dows anyone know what I van do to fix this?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Strange errors and admin not working

Post by garvinhicking »

You seem to not only have reinstalled MySQL but did something to your PHP installation.

check your php.ini for the setting of session.save_path - you need to point it to the right direcotry, as you seem to be using Windows.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
SurfDude
Regular

Post by SurfDude »

Ok, thanks for your answer. I find something strange now... I found no php.ini file on my computer at al...

When I test the phpinfo() command, it works, and it shows that the path of the php.ini file is c:\winnt . But that location doesn't exist...? I only have c:\windows...

But the phpinfo() says the session.save_path is /tmp . I don't think that's okay...?

So now is the question. Where should I put a php.ini file to make it work?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Put the php.ini file in the root of your windows directory, that should work.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
SurfDude
Regular

Post by SurfDude »

garvinhicking wrote:Put the php.ini file in the root of your windows directory, that should work.

Regards,
Garvin
I putted it in C:\WINDOWS now, but it still says: "Configuration File (php.ini) Path c:\winnt ".
SurfDude
Regular

Post by SurfDude »

Thanks a lot, Garvin. A reboot made it working!
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

I'm getting these same errors, but on an installation that has been set up and working fine for some time and has had no changes made to it... Here's the errors:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_b60060250d090d7fb511424ca50efed4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php:9) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php:9) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php:9) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/serendipity/index.php on line 12

and at the end of the page:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_b60060250d090d7fb511424ca50efed4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions? Thanks
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Disregard previous post... must have been problems on the server end as errors have now resolved themselves.