serendipity_event_entryproperties

Found a bug? Tell us!!
winkiller
Regular

serendipity_event_entryproperties

Post by winkiller »

Hello there,
I recently had a strange incidence with serendipity_event_entryproperties - might classify this as a bug or just weird behaviour.

User SE is a Standard Editor
User CE is a Chief Editor

SE creates a Draft, can't publish.
CE should publish it after reviewing.

CE doesn't have "adminUsersMaintainOthers" set.
in the "Author" Box in the Extended Entry Properties he gets a list of all the other users of "Chief Editor" rank, but not "Standard Editor".

That was the ok part.

If he saves now, the Author is automatically set to the alphabetically first "Chief Editor" - as this entry is preselected, whereas this shouldn't be changed.

Additionally Firefox remembers the article password if you set it once, so that fieldname should be randomized or have that property set that iirc avoids autocomplete.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: serendipity_event_entryproperties

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

BTW, I committed a patch to SVN so that you can now re-order which elements you want to have on the edit screen.

Is you Chief Editor a member in the Standard Editor group as well? If not, make him - that should add the users to the select group in those groups as well.
Additionally Firefox remembers the article password if you set it once, so that fieldname should be randomized or have that property set that iirc avoids autocomplete.
The fieldname needs to stay that way, because otherwise the code would not know where to look for. This is more like a wicked-weird FF feature, and IMHO firefox should not simply auto-remember that field., This causes problems in many web apps/CMSes, not only s9y!

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
winkiller
Regular

Post by winkiller »

Thanks,
I already fixed it that way.

And to autocomplete: I know, but as I don't think Firefox' default behaviouris likely to change, people might as well at least think about fixing it on the other side :)