FCKeditor, Xinha WYSIWYG now available

Creating and modifying plugins.
Snowfox
Regular

Post by Snowfox »

Hi there your FCKEditor Plugin works fine but i got mayor probem
when i try the xinha Plugin then i got this:

xinha_editors = null; xinha_init = null; xinha_config = null; xinha_plugins = null; // This contains the names of textareas we will make into Xinha editors xinha_init = xinha_init ? xinha_init : function() { /** STEP 1 *************************************************************** * First, what are the plugins you will be using in the editors on this * page. List all the plugins you will need, even if not all the editors * will use all the plugins. ************************************************************************/ xinha_plugins = xinha_plugins ? xinha_plugins : [ 'Abbreviation', 'CharacterMap', 'CharCounter', 'ContextMenu', 'DoubleClick', 'EditTag', 'imanager', 'Equation', 'EnterParagraphs', 'FindReplace', 'FullPage', 'FullScreen', 'ImageManager', 'InsertAnchor', 'InsertSmiley', 'InsertWords', 'Linker', 'ListType', 'QuickTag', 'SuperClean', 'TableOperations', 'Stylist' ]; // THIS BIT OF JAVASCRIPT LOADS THE PLUGINS, NO TOUCHING :) if(!HTMLArea.loadPlugins(xinha_plugins, xinha_init)) return; /** STEP 2 *************************************************************** * Now, what are the names of the textareas you will be turning into * editors? ************************************************************************/ xinha_editors = xinha_editors ? xinha_editors : [ 'serendipity[body]', 'serendipity[extended]' ]; /** STEP 3 *************************************************************** * We create a default configuration to be used by all the editors. * If you wish to configure some of the editors differently this will be * done in step 5. * * If you want to modify the default config you might do something like this. * * xinha_config = new HTMLArea.Config(); * xinha_config.width = '640px'; * xinha_config.height = '420px'; * *************************************************************************/ xinha_config = xinha_config ? xinha_config() : new HTMLArea.Config(); xinha_config.height = '420px'; xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config = '
Fatal error: Non-static method serendipity_event_xinha::jsaddslashes() cannot be called statically in C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\serendipity\plugins\serendipity_event_xinha\serendipity_event_xinha.php on line 204
Hathor
Regular

Post by Hathor »

I uninstalled FCK after I saw your post that Xinha had fewer bugs. :)

Now, I just updated the Xinha, and it removed 2 of the 6 errors I'm getting. Now, it loads the index page, then gives me 4 error boxes. But after that, it works, as far as I can tell. (As long as there's nothing strange being saved to the database or anything that could cause trouble down the line.)

I'll try to reinstall FCK later today, if that's a good way to double-check the path. At the moment, I don't have time. Thanks for your help so far.
Frandy

Post by Frandy »

Same problem using new version of xinha.
i should have stay with old release :cry:

please to do your best, i love xinha.

Frandy
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

snow fox, the problem only exists if ur running it on local server. It won't exist if ur run it online. try refreshing it. It is used for security in Xinha build in ImageManager. it is required to securely upload files through Xinha. However it doesnot work. You can use the "Manage Images" button to upload images. Manage Images is a loooooot better than Xinhas build in Image Manager

also garvin just made some changes to it and now we have v0.3 of both fckeditor and Xinha. can u try out the new version.

Hathor FCKeditor has lot of open bugs cause FCKeditor does not have a forum where people can ask questions, so they all dump their questions as a bug.
I think FCKeditor is lot stable.

Frady I answered ur question above.

Post by Guest »

MySchizoBuddy wrote:snow fox, the problem only exists if ur running it on local server. It won't exist if ur run it online. try refreshing it. It is used for security in Xinha build in ImageManager. it is required to securely upload files through Xinha. However it doesnot work. You can use the "Manage Images" button to upload images. Manage Images is a loooooot better than Xinhas build in Image Manager

also garvin just made some changes to it and now we have v0.3 of both fckeditor and Xinha. can u try out the new version.

Hathor FCKeditor has lot of open bugs cause FCKeditor does not have a forum where people can ask questions, so they all dump their questions as a bug.
I think FCKeditor is lot stable.

Frady I answered ur question above.

What do you meen MySchizoBudduy ?

when i have a look to html code i can see that error

Code: Select all

xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config = '<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Non-static method serendipity_event_xinha::jsaddslashes() cannot be called statically in <b>/blog/plugins/serendipity_event_xinha/serendipity_event_xinha.php</b> on line <b>228</b><br />
Xinha release 0.3 can't display editor panel on blog admin

i don't understand.

Regards,

Frandy
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

^ can i see a screenshot. which of the two editors it doesn't work under. the entry body or extended body

open up serendipity_event_xinha and just comment out these lines

xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config = '<?php echo jsaddslashes($IMConfig)?>';
       xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config_hash = '<?php echo sha1($IMConfig . $_SESSION['Xinha:ImageManager'])?>';
garvin has made some great changes :) so it works under static page plugin, U'll need the latest 2.12 plugin for it. I think you should upgrade, cause its its working on all the editors inside static pages as well

Post by Guest »

Hi MySchizoBuddy,

Sorry no Xinha editor appears on admin panel
just a blank area for text or html code, no buttons, no menus as well as in static page plugin.

i just can note a js error in firefox

Erreur : Spawnnuggets4 is not defined
Fichier Source : serendipity_admin.php
Ligne : 275

i'm desapointed :cry:
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

garvin can answer this.
the new version spawn nuggets to allow the editor to work under any editor in the admin area

Post by Guest »

MySchizoBuddy wrote:^ can i see a screenshot. which of the two editors it doesn't work under. the entry body or extended body

open up serendipity_event_xinha and just comment out these lines

xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config = '<?php echo jsaddslashes($IMConfig)?>';
       xinha_config.ImageManager.backend_config_hash = '<?php echo sha1($IMConfig . $_SESSION['Xinha:ImageManager'])?>';
garvin has made some great changes :) so it works under static page plugin, U'll need the latest 2.12 plugin for it. I think you should upgrade, cause its its working on all the editors inside static pages as well
Ok, works removing thoses lines and other not used events

Thanks thanks thanks
Snowfox
Regular

Post by Snowfox »

Updated my Serependiy to the new nightly build and use the new
Plugin now Xinha finally shows and works nearly like it should but
iManager wont work if i put it in the Plugin on it still use the image
editor that is in Xinha included and i got no error messages.

There is another error when im using Xinha but i think that a bug
in Xinha not your plugin or Serependiy:
[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\\Programme\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\blog\\plugins\\serendipity_event_xinha\\xinha-nightly\\plugins\\Linker\\scan.php on line 88
[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\\Programme\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\blog\\plugins\\serendipity_event_xinha\\xinha-nightly\\plugins\\Linker\\scan.php on line 87
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

yeah iManager doesn't seem to enable through the form, the file needs write permissions.
U can manually force it to true as well

look for this code

case 'imanager':
                $propbag->add('type', 'boolean');
                $propbag->add('name', 'iManager');
                $propbag->add('description', '');
                $propbag->add('default', false);
replace that false to true. and if u installed iManager correctly u will see the iManager icon, I suggest u use the dynamic directory method, instead of the static diectory method

for ur other problem try removing the Linker plugin.
Last edited by MySchizoBuddy on Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

Snowfox wrote: use the image
editor that is in Xinha included and i got no error messages.
don;t worry u will get an error mesage if u try to upload a picture using ImageManger of Xinha.:):):):)
i advice u to look at the icon next to Imagemanger, its called "Manage Image". try that. u'll love it. i promise.

Post by Guest »

Had the problem with FCKeditor here as well that i was just loading the mainpage, seems that some rewriterule isn't ok, when i disable URL rewriting it all works fine :(

Post by Guest »

Ok can't edit as a guest, sorry for that. :P

But i have it working now with mod_rewrite on, maybe not the cleanest fix available but it seems to work ok so far

#RewriteRule ^(plugins|plugin)/(.*) index.php?url=$1/$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^plugins/(.*)       - [L]