Set Static Page as Index?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
embj13

Set Static Page as Index?

Post by embj13 »

Hello everyone, I currently am using s9y for my personal site, so I'm familiar with the interface. I'm going to be setting up a site for a law firm and would like to use s9y, however, I don't really need it for blogging. Seeing as how this site is going to be used for a business, I don't really need the blogging portion of it. It's going to be used more as a static site. I know about the static page plugin (use it on my site), but I don't know how I would set a static page as the index. Is this even possible? If not, can somebody recommend a PHP or ASP based software that can do this?

Thanks. 8)
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Under "static pages" in the admin sidebar menu pick the page you want and set "Make this page the frontpage of Serendipity" to "yes".

Easy as that!

Notes about it (from the plugin):
Instead of showing the default Serendipity startpage, this static page will show up. Only define one page as frontpage! If you want to link to your usual Serendipity Frontpage, you need to use "index.php?frontpage". If you want to use this feature, you need to make sure that no other permalink-plugin (like voting, guestbook) are placed before the staticpage plugin in the Serendipity Plugin Configuration Event Queue.
embj13

Post by embj13 »

Aha...I looked in every other place except in the actual article page. Thank you! :D