browser problems

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Atratus
Regular

Post by Atratus »

hey don,

i didn't see these things before but I changed them
Small white are below the last 2 entries - I think this is caused by your spacer DIV. Rather than use that spacer div, why not just put some bottom margin on the content div?

Search and navbox in header - very common IE error - IE doubles the margin in the floated direction. Just use display: inline on both of those divs, and it will be fixed.
But the Headline problem is still there.

Excluding this, I think the problems in IE5 are fixed.
But **** IE6 still makes me wanna cry :roll:
On the startpage the last tag of the last entry is displayed two times (see here).
And it seems like this code

Code: Select all

<noscript>You have to use javascript to see this content.</noscript>
<script language="javascript">toggle(getObject('exp1221436710_link'), 'exp1221436710');</script>
(it is for making the commentform-box collapsible)
collides with the other javascript I use (to automatically insert smilies), but only in IE 6 and lower.
And then there is this "brake" in my commentform-box klick

I got another problem: is there a way to style the "No Entries"-page?

BTW: I found this program to run IE 3 to 6 side-by-side: multiple IE
Atratus
Regular

Post by Atratus »

Okay, I think I'm getting rid of the headline-problem.
Now it's where it should be, but because of I therefor used "position:absolute;" the position depends on the resolution ... does anybody know how to fix it?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I do not see your comment form at all... do you have it disabled temporarily?

For the tags, you might try .serendipity_freeTag {position:relative}... that sometimes works for that wierd IE bug.

Looks like you have changed more than the position: absolute for the blog description div.... looks like you also are changing the rss icon and may not have finished your modifications. I'll reserve any input on that until you are done with your changes.
=Don=
Atratus
Regular

Post by Atratus »

Don Chambers wrote:For the tags, you might try .serendipity_freeTag {position:relative}... that sometimes works for that wierd IE bug.
Amazing *lol* now it works...
I do not see your comment form at all... do you have it disabled temporarily?
No I didn't?!? I can see it in all browsers, but in IE6 it's not displayed right.

Yes I decided to display the rss icon on the left side and this might be the cause for the headlineproblem. because now I positioned both with the position tag and this works so far, but as I said it depends on the resolution?

I'm ready for today, maybe you have an idea how to avoid the resolution-thing?